Waiting To Exhale

Yes, that is the title to a chick flick from the 90's, but I borrowed it for this, because I actually am.
  You know how things start to happen, and you instinctively hold your breath until they settle in?  That's what I'm doing now.  I have almost everything I have been wanting, kind of swimming over my head still in limbo, and I'm impatiently waiting for it all to find its proper place so I can relax.
While I am DEFINITELY  not complaining, I can't help but feel a little overwhelmed; everything just kind of happened all at once, like a dump truck drove through my life and unloaded it all, and I'm trying to figure out how to sort it out and make it work.  School is now official and underway; my loans and grants have all been approved, so I am now a bonafide student-I start in a little over a week.  Great!  BUT. (I wouldn't be me without a but(t) haha)  Here comes another opportunity, hot on the heels of my newfound student-ness...
I just was offered a place of my own, to outright OWN, all mine, no strings.  I can move in in as little as 2 weeks, which, given my problems here, is nothing short of a miracle. The problem?  I would have to take over the lot rental payment as of August 1, something which I was not prepared to do.  The word "Sonofabitchgotdammotherfucker" comes to mind right about now, and that's the best way I can phrase it.  Not to mention, the new place and my new school aren't exactly neighborly; They are both 40 minutes from where I am now...in completely opposite directions.
The other wrench in this happiness?  I have a new vehicle sitting in my pop's garage with my name on it.  The plan was for me to drop the cash on it by the end of August...buuut I can't pay rent and pay for the car at the same time, and need both equally.  I guess the bottom line of this is: I NEED MONEY.  ASAP.  I'm not horribly bad off- I can afford to do either one or the other, just not both, and in the end, they will both cost about the same.  So I guess now I am officially having a conundrum. CRAP!!!  Anyone have a rich uncle they wanna loan me?  I'll give him right back, I promise!

  Not all of my wheels are squeaky...I have been sharing time with an old friend recently. Things are...nice. :)  I don't want to jinx it by saying too much, because truthfully there's not much more to say (insert Cheshire grin here), but we've been having a great time, and he makes me smile.  And laugh.  Alot.  And that's all I have to say about that... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thug Lyfe

En Recuerdo

A Queen, a Knight & a Joker Walk Into a Bar...