OHM.

I've been using guided meditation quietly, almost unconsciously, for a while now. Originally I used it strictly for relaxation and sleeping purposes, and I'm still the user who can't stay awake through a 27 minute session (It's better than NyQuil).
I had a huge DUH moment today, just now as a matter of fact:  I stumbled across a podcast (coincidentally by the same woman who's meditations I already possess and LOVE), and realized how helpful meditation can be in regular daily life, especially for someone like me.  I ignorantly believed, like a lot of people do, that it was only for relaxation, only to discover how diverse it actually is.  There is so much available to bring me out of whatever crisis I may be having on any particular day, and allowing myself those few minutes to just stop, listen, and breathe is proving to be immensely cleansing.  It clears my head and helps me focus, and depending on the subject, shows me how to let go of whats plaguing me.  Maybe these mini spiritual baths will help me find me again.

if you wanna check it out for yourself...
http://www.meditationoasis.com/  or find it on iTunes.
Mary's voice is like silk and will have you sinking down into the bed in no time. :)

Comments

  1. OMG!!! Yes Feesh yes! I'll oooooohmmmm with you anytime. Without even knowing I was meditating, I used this technique when I was younger only to use it now when I'm plagued with sleeping problems myself. Remind me to OHM everyday. Be my zen guru. I too am tortured with life's questions of purpose. I am so close to figuring it out, I know I might need a meditating kick in the booootay! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MWAH! Love u too! Maybe this was the key all along??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Thanks for reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Thug Lyfe

En Recuerdo

A Queen, a Knight & a Joker Walk Into a Bar...