Ms. B Says It Best

Has something ever clicked for you so hard and loud that it felt like you were hit by a locomotive?
Praise the Goddess, for today I have seen the Light, Halleluyer.
Just to reiterate a few earlier posts, I have no more issues with the 'being over The Ex' stuff; I've been doing just fine, trucking along without any of that sadness crap.  We talk once or twice a week without any issues, and have even hung out all buddy-buddy like sans drama.  We managed to make some semblance of a friendship work for us.
Being that friend, I still take it upon myself to kinda look out for him, make sure he's taking care of himself, and having a regard for his life in general. It's just something that seems to come with the territory.  I tried to be encouraging, pushing him to get his shit together.  I even got it in his head to go back to school and get certified in Electrical Maintenance, which would ultimately land him a job making upwards of $30 an hour.  At first, I actually believed he was listening to my amazing advice...then little by little, it sunk in that this man is a natural deadbeat, fueled by nothing but bullshit, excuses and booze. (And burritos.) He is beyond help and encouragement, and from what I can tell, won't be leaving his parent's basement anytime soon.  When I realized this, I giggled...then chuckled...then had an all out, full on belly laugh because:
THE PROBLEM NOW BELONGS TO HIS VULTURE OF A BABY MAMA!! HA!
You wanted him, you got him now, girl!  Enjoy the next 18 years!

I didn't just dodge a bullet, I dodged a fuckin' Uzi assault!

He looks like hell; he's been drinking like it's the fuckin' Prohibition, so he's all yellow and bloated. He hasn't done shit to look for a job or to make his situation any better, and he's about to be a daddy in a few short months.  The word "Loser"  j-u-u-u-st doesn't quite measure up. I should feel sorry for his girlfriend, but, *shrug* I don't.  Her dumb ass should have known better.  I bet it sucks to be her right now too.
  The funny part about all of this?  Right after I had my little epiphany, SP posted a video to FB that summed up my feelings perfectly.  His timing is impeccable, really. Check out some of the lyrics to "Best Thing I Never Had" by Beyonce..."It's like she's singing it just for me!!" HAHA!

There was a time
I thought, that you did everything right,
No lies, no wrong,
Boy I must have been out of my mind,
So when I think of the time that I almost loved you,
You showed your ass and I, I saw the real you!
Thank God you blew it, (whew)
Thank God I dodged the bullet, (seriously)
I'm so over you
So baby good lookin' out!
[Chorus]
I wanted you bad,
I'm so through with that,
'Cause honestly you turned out to be the best thing I never had,
You turned out to be the best thing I never had,
And I'm gon' always be the best thing you never had,
Oh yeah, I bet it sucks to be you right now! (Haha! I bet it does!)
So sad, you're hurt,
Boo hoo, oh did you expect me to care?
You don't deserve my tears,
I guess that's why they ain't there...
I know you want me back,
It's time to face the facts
That I'm the one that's got away,
Lord knows that it would take another place, another time, another world, another life,
Thank God I found the good in goodbye!

(What goes around comes back around),
(What goes around comes back around),
I bet it sucks to be you right now,
(What goes around comes back around),
I bet it sucks to be you right now,
(What goes around comes back around),
I bet it sucks to be you right now.

Guess I get the last laugh afterall....HAAAAHAAA!!


Comments

  1. "I didn't just dodge a bullet, I dodged a fuckin' Uzi assault!"

    That's my favorite part. Welcome to the beginning of the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Thanks for reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Thug Lyfe

En Recuerdo

A Queen, a Knight & a Joker Walk Into a Bar...