The Dinner Party

So we decided last week to throw a little dinner thing for family and friends this evening, to celebrate both my big 3-1 and Christmas. We had a hodgepodge of people, from my parents and siblings to our artsy-fartsy friends. Dinner was delish and we had a great turnout, and everyone seemed to have a nice time, even me...for the most part.
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the one that's crazy. Was it selfish of me to ask him to put a lid on his drinking after, say, his 9th straight hour? (Yes, I said "9th".) Was I uptight for asking? I didn't ask for anything else today, just for him to stay somewhat sober so I could feel free to get a little loose, which is a rare occasion around here. Apparently it was like asking him to castrate himself in front of an audience, because I got the same incredulous, "oh no you di'int" expression as I would have if I did. Was it wrong of me to want something just for me, just one day out of the year?
{Ok, if your answer isn't "NO", get the hell off my blog and don't come back.}
It was stupid of me to expect him to not be self-centered just once. No matter what the occasion, Grande has to make it about him and never consider the feelings of others. He gets sloppy and beligerent, embarrasing, and just...ugh, DUMB as a rock, and I then have everyone looking at me like, "oh well bitch, he's yours!" Ok, so if he's mine, is it cool if I place him strategically in front of the balcony banister and give one good, hard shove? You know, just enough to nudge his wobbly ass up and over it? Everyone knows drunks never actually hurt themselves, but maybe I can just knock the sober back into him by making him think he fell over it on his own.
A girl can dream, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thug Lyfe

En Recuerdo

A Queen, a Knight & a Joker Walk Into a Bar...