Breaking Up Is FUCKING AGONY.

I want to mention, before I get into the shitty of this post, that life has been somewhat kind to me these days.  I don't have a whole lot that brings me down, outside of normal life stress.  My relationship with my kids is awesome, closer everyday, I have a cool job, no more legal issues, and a great group of friends, which includes Poppa.
  In case I haven't mentioned before, Poppa is my BGF (Best Guy Friend).  We're closer than close, more than friends, less than romantic, more than family.  We talk multiple times a day, have our own weird language, he's my other half and my sanctuary.  He told me recently that the reason he could never date me is because he puts me on a pedestal- he says he sizes up all potential mates to me, and loves me too much to ruin what we have with a relationship...kinda lame, but I guess I understand.  I feel the same about him, and feel blessed that I have him in the capacity that I do.  We've seen each other through everything- births, deaths, breakups, divorces, illness. We clicked instantly the day we met 12 years ago, and have never looked back.
It's now been seven days since he's spoken to me in any sort of friendly fashion.
Seven days ago, things were fine, normal.Then, suddenly, no warning, they..weren't. He's completely cut me off. The only communication we've had in the last week was a fight, 4 days ago, over (you guessed it) the fact that he's gone rogue and distant for no apparent reason. He's NEVER done this.  EVER. Even when things were fucked up in his life, or he was having health problems, he ALWAYS came to me, usually first.  We don't do this.  This is so completely out of character for him that I contacted his ex wife, the only other one he speaks to, to see if she knows something I don't.
I'm flabbergasted, and so fucking devastated by this I could crumble to bits.  Nothing happened, other than me canceling his birthday lunch because I had to work, which obviously shouldn't be relationship-ending.  If you've read my posts in any capacity, you know that I'm no stranger to nasty breakups, but this...this is like a stick of dynamite to my heart, and I honestly don't know how I'm gonna make it through this. How does someone who was everything to you one day end up as a stranger the next?  I've texted, called, emailed hoping for answers, and he just fucking ignores me.  I'm just..sigh. I can't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thug Lyfe

En Recuerdo

A Queen, a Knight & a Joker Walk Into a Bar...