Leather Goldmine


Photo Credit: Austin Bauman
The talented lads from the OC are at it again, and this time, they're bringing heat.

For two years, I've been singing the praises of a band called Ceasefire, four crazy talented guys from Orange County, California. Readers, you've witnessed my worship. I've been all over Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud, and this very blog spreading the gospel about them.  Allow me to take you on a trip down memory lane and reintroduce you to the boys, I'd like you to get to know them as well as I do.
Since my last post about the band, there has been only one major change in the lineup.  The very amazing Mr. Danny Molloy has stepped up as bassist, and has blended in with the band so seamlessly, it was like he was always meant to be there. Along with original members Anthony, Kamren and Ray, the guys have amazing synergy, and if they were awesome before, they are just that much more amazing now.  They are a finely tuned, well oiled machine that looks really good in black leather.
Photo Credit: Austin Bauman


2013 brings big things for the guys, and there are no words to describe how proud and excited I am for them.  The imminent release of their new EP next week, titled 'In The Dead of Night', brings with it some hot brand new tracks, and, thanks to my 'VIP status', I was lucky enough to get an early listen (Thanks Kamren!).  Now, anyone who is close to me or has even gotten a whiff of my Facebook page knows that the guys can sing the alphabet song and I'd probably love it, but I was honestly without words after I heard the new stuff.  The bar has been raised, and it is BRILLIANT. The new stuff is edgy and fresh, but still has that signature lush deliciousness that I love so much. Audiences are gonna be blown to pieces. 
Speaking of which, there has also been another change since my last post, one I'm more than happy to share.
Last time, I mentioned that I had yet to see them live, so I did something about it.  I packed up and flew 1700 miles away just to see their last show before they headed into the studio.  Crazy? Yes. The most brilliant f-ing idea ever in the history of brilliant f-ing ideas? ABSOLUTELY!!
Let me tell you- if you have never been to a Ceasefire show, you need to get on a plane and haul your ass to California and handle that.  The only way I can describe it even halfway accurately is ELECTRIC. It was like a lightning bolt to the chest.  They are alive with energy and stage presence, they sound beyond amazing, oh, and Ray does this little shimmy thing during "This Love Will Tear Us Apart" that will make you squeal like a 12 year old, please believe. The music hits you in the face like a truck full of awesome, and I was so excited I thought my smile would shatter my face and glitter would fly out.  I'm sure my personal and very public shout-out also had a bit to do with that, but I digress... :)
I finally officially met the guys before the show, and they obliterated my expectations. I was met with 5 (including manager Gabe) sweet, funny, down to Earth, amazing guys who I now love to bits on a personal level, and am so proud to call my friends. (I also found out that they're all even hotter in person, which I thought was impossible but I'm SO glad to be wrong.. Yeah I said it!!)*  
They continue to surprise me with every new endeavor, each new milestone bigger and more amazing than the one before it. Watching their journey these last two years has become a personal thing for me, because I want big things for them just as much as they want it for themselves. I want them to blow up so I can share them with the world and laugh and tell everyone 'I told you so'. I feel so blessed to watch them grow as a band, and I am on the edge of my seat, anxious to see what lies ahead for my boys.  I know whatever it is, it will be huge, well-earned, and very much deserved.  

Photo Credit: Austin Bauman



*No disrespect to all the significant others--y'all are some lucky chicks!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

En Recuerdo

Thug Lyfe

A Queen, a Knight & a Joker Walk Into a Bar...