Take Your Woes & Shove 'Em

Never again will I play the role of the whiny, "why me?" victim; I now understand how fuckin' annoying it really is.  I never realized how much until I paid attention to the biggest "victim" I know: My mother.
  Mom has a long habit of being Ms. Woe Is Me.  The whole world always seems to be plotting against her, and when something happens in her life that is unsatisfactory, she takes it as a personal attack on her, then proceeds to bring up her entire life's worth of unsavory events and horrible luck.  Oh, and worse?  The blame for ANY of it never rests on her.  She is the poster child for passing the buck, never taking responsibility for any of her own actions that get her into the positions that she's in. It's beyond egotistical, and makes me want to punch her.
  This woman will misconstrue it if you so much as breathe at her the wrong way, just so she feels justified in taking her frustrations out on you.  Sometimes you have to do nothing at all, but she finds something, anything, to blame you for.  Just now in fact, I heard her throwing a tantrum coming through the front door.  Little did I know before she got here that she must have gone shopping; hell, I didn't even know she was gone. Evidently she must have dropped something on her way inside, and of course, proceeded to blame the household for not helping her carry in the groceries that nobody knew she had. Yeah, it's that bad.
  Earlier this afternoon was my breaking point.  I don't mince words with my mother, but lately I have just found it easier to not deal with her at all.  You can only take so much whiny bitch bullshit, and I've heard pretty much everything, which is enough to last me two lifetimes. Today, unfortunately, I was privy to it while stuck in the car with her, and had no choice but to put her in her place.  The gist of the conversation was about her quitting (getting kicked out of) school for various reasons, and how "I always get kicked everytime I try to better my life! WAAAAH!" I had to listen to her blathering bullshit about monkey wrenches and how her parents were shitty and set her up for failure, blah blah blah, whine whine whine... A person can only take so much, so I let her have it.
  SHE puts herself in these positions, and SHE let's shit bury her.  Nobody can fix her shitty childhood, (and frankly I'm tired of hearing about it-Fuck, I had a shitty childhood, but don't use it as a crutch!) but she chose to let it map out her whole life.  If she doesn't finish school and continues to have a crappy life, then it's because SHE chose that path.  I yelled at her that she has to stop finding someone or something to blame for her shortcomings, take responsibility for her own shit, and to stop being a whiny, victimized asshole.  She found every rebuttal under the sun for me because she likes to argue, but they all fell short, and she, of course, is now pissed at me.  I don't give a fuck.  I have spent too long listening to that woman bitch and moan about everything that's wrong with her life, and how she doesn't have this or that.  It infuriates me that she doesn't attempt to fix her own shit and NEVER concentrates on what she DOES have.  She is the definition of a thankless woman, and I flat out refuse to be the same way.
  I've been down.  Anyone who reads these posts knows that.  I've been low enough to want to take myself out of the picture.  I've been hurt and destroyed and neglected and molested, grew up with an addict, been jailed, been homeless, watched my house burn to the ground and raised two kids by myself. Everything and anything that can possibly happen to a person, I've experienced it.  I've wanted to give up and blame everyone for it all, but then where would I be?  Who would I be?  What would I get from saying "fuck it all, look what the world is doing to me?"  Answer: I WOULD BE MY MOTHER. 
Thanks, but I think I'll take a pass.

If you choose to not make improvements in your life, then you deserve the hand you're dealt.  You lose your right to bitch and complain if you aren't willing to step up and fix shit. Don't expect the world to fucking cater to you. Stop bitching. The universe owes you nothing-YOU are the captain of your own ship.  
Tho I wonder...

Is it wrong to want to push her off her ship and in front if a bus? 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thug Lyfe

En Recuerdo

A Queen, a Knight & a Joker Walk Into a Bar...